Build & Release Engineer - London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies
See our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
why you're here
You will be responsible for managing the build and release process for the disguise production toolkit, an in-house developed desktop and workstation software suite for delivering large scale real-time experiences to the live events and entertainment industry. Working closely with the development team to ensure our toolchain and build system are up to date with the latest compiler, CI and test methodologies. You will have a large say in how the build and automation system is managed and improved.
Additional work will involve improving test automation and reporting of both software unit tests and hardware integration testing, this will involve a hands-on approach with the disguise hardware range and third-party devices.
In the longer term, you will look for new opportunities for automation of the software development process and new CI/CD capabilities. You will have a say on build, release and automation on new products and services with a view to maintaining a high level of reliability and performance.
what you are here to do
- Maintain MSBuild based Visual Studio solution and facilitate a transition to Visual Studio 2019.
- Maintain and expand an existing TeamCity CI solution and associated build/test server infrastructure.
- Develop scripts and workflows to improve the automation of builds, releases and other relevant parts of the software life cycle.
- Work with the development team on vcs branching strategies to help improve release process automation.
- Work with the QA team on increasing the use of unit tests and automation as part of the verification process.
- Help define an automated process for running and reporting on hardware integration tests in addition to existing software unit tests.
what you need to know
- Be proficient in managing regular builds, releases and test automation.
- Experience of working with MSBuild and Visual Studio.
- Experience of working with version control systems and task/bug management databases (Git, Mercurial, or similar; JIRA, or similar).
- Experience managing and setting up CI/CD pipelines for native applications (TeamCity or similar, Visual Studio).
- Experience managing and setting up virtual environments (vCenter, Hyper-V or similar).
- Experience of package management solutions for software development (conan, NuGet, or similar).
- Ability to work with scripting languages for build and test automation - Essential: Python, PowerShell. Nice to Have: C#, Batch
- Ability to work with small cross-functional teams on the design, build and test of new features and products.
- Other experience in managing AWS and hybrid cloud instances is a bonus.
- Be interested in working in the fast moving but rewarding live events industry.
our employee benefits
We like to celebrate and have fun at disguise:
Gigs policy we give everyone a £400 pa allowance to spend on any show/concert of choice
Annual Summer and Christmas parties which are always great fun!
Socials we like to celebrate, whether it’s going out, a birthday or just a Friday
Fruit, half decent coffee, Pizza days and ice cream in the summer
Our culture we have a great community culture here at disguise and make everyone feel welcomed!
Other benefits include a Health Cash-back plan, office massages and manicures and lots more!
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating ‘Build & Release Engineer - London' in the subject.