Junior Software Engineer - London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies
See our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
why you are here
Our engineers work closely with all departments in the company to develop product features and support customer projects using the disguise product. We use a variety of technologies to build our product line which includes both software and hardware elements.
As a Developer Software Engineer working in one of several small project teams, each consisting of 3 to 4 people, you can expect to be fully involved in the development process. Under the guidance of the Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead you will have the opportunity to make constructive input into the design and implementation of the software product. You will have the opportunity to work directly on customer projects with the possibility of on-site experience worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the technology behind the magic of live entertainment and have a desire to grow professionally in this field. You must thrive when working in a small team which is light on process and be able to meet the ever changing and conflicting requirements that come with live events projects.
what you are here to do
- Produce robust and maintainable code.
- Make bug fixes and improvements to existing code.
- Develop unit tests and test plans for new and existing code.
- Have input to sprint planning, able to manage your own time and tasks through our project management platform - JIRA.
- Have input into the design of new features in line with product specifications.
- Work directly with QA and support teams in resolving end-user issues.
what you need to know
Our Developers are expected to have the following skills and knowledge.
- Experience of relevant software development, either through higher education, degree level, or equivalent personal self-taught experience.
- Experience in C++ is essential.
- An ability to work and communicate clearly within a small team which is light on process.
- A strong interest in 3D visualisation, game engine or audio-visual systems.
- An interest in the wider live events and entertainment industry.
our employee benefits
We like to celebrate and have fun at disguise:
Gigs policy we give everyone a £400 pa allowance to spend on any show/concert of choice
Annual Summer and Christmas parties which are always great fun!
Socials we like to celebrate, whether it’s going out, a birthday or just a Friday
Fruit, half decent coffee, Pizza days and ice cream in the summer
Our culture we have a great community culture here at disguise and make everyone feel welcomed!
Other benefits include a Health Cash-back plan, office massages and manicures and lots more!
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating ‘Software Engineer' in the subject.