QA Analyst - London
Reports to: Head of QA & Automation
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
why you're here
Our users depend on disguise's continued innovation, but most importantly they depend on disguise's reliability. Making sure disguise is rock-solid is the most important thing we do - and everyone in the company is involved with it.
To maintain and enhance this reputation, disguise seeks to employ an experienced QA Analyst to ensure the quality of its hardware and software products through continuous improvement of our QA and development practices. This is a full-time position based in Southwark, London.
You’ll create, maintain and execute new quality procedures, and use a range of manual and automated testing tools and systems to monitor, validate and report on the quality of the software and the development process.
- Create and execute procedures to validate or test prototypes, software components, features and systems.
- Regularly assess and analyse QA and development processes for efficiency and effectiveness, and play a key role in continuous improvement and defect reduction activities.
- Provide regular reporting and/or statistical analysis on the status of the software and the QA process overall.
- Review functional and technical documentation to prepare test plans, test specifications, and test cases.
- Evaluate manual and automated test results, and verify defects as they are addressed by the developers.
- Play an active role in the development process by attending project reviews and participating in scrums.
- Communicate build status and provide defect impact/risk assessment, root cause analysis, and prioritization guidance.
As part of the Quality Assurance team, you'll be responsible for making sure that our hardware and software releases are stable, perform well, and work for users in live events, on-site - not just in the lab. As part of this, you'll gain an in-depth knowledge of the current product range and future product development in addition to how they interact with other equipment in order to find, understand and verify any issues before they impact our users.
what you need to know
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required
- Good standard of general education, ideally to Degree level or equivalent.
- Proven background in software testing concepts and Agile development processes, ideally demonstrated via ISTQB Foundation level certifications, and with a good technical understanding of software development.
- Expert user of Excel and familiarity with BI and visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau etc
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks.
- Detailed knowledge of Issue/Test Management systems such as JIRA, TestRail etc.
- Experience of working with MS Visual Studio, source control and Continuous Integration tools.
- Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server would be beneficial.
- Experience working with creative software tools highly beneficial.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-moving environment.
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture – high levels of cooperation and communication.
- Inquisitive; enjoys creative problem solving and analysis.
- Proactive and able to work independently using own initiative when needed.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating 'QA Analyst' in the subject.