Build & Release Software Engineer - London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies
See our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
why you're here
You will be a key member of the software team and will help to develop the next generation of disguise products, ensuring quality and risk are managed seamlessly. We work in a supportive environment, in a team which is committed to innovation and continuous improvement.
This is a critical role, ensuring disguise’s continued growth through the secure testing and building of software iterations as the company develops our software offering.
what you are here to do
- Maintaining & documenting the existing MSBuild-based process.
- Maintaining and improving the existing TeamCity CI solution
- Maintaining virtual machines with CI and build environments.
- Working with supervision on some C++ based build-related projects.
- Potential for stakeholding position future work in customer-visible OS management products
- Day-to-day, expected work includes continuous improvements to the build process, and ensuring the smooth operation of the CI server.
- Create and document test plans
- Generate test cases based on the requirements and other documentation
- Write an automated test code to effectively test our systems
- Update and maintain test code and test frameworks
- Keep up to date on the relevant technology, popular testing tools and test management systems, and advise stakeholders on these technologies
- Become familiar with the software under test and any other software related to it, accordingly.
what you need to know
- Experience with TeamCity, PowerShell and Python
- Proficient at implementation, deployment, testing and debugging.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in software development.
- Awareness of business continuity and quality control in software development for products.
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Experience with testing frameworks for UI automation
- C++ implementation, development, testing and debugging
- AWS or similar cloud based development and deployment
- Proficient with Google Drive & Microsoft Office for communications.
- Good listener, ability to help the team shine and excel in their roles.
- Lead by example, foster a kind, helpful, team-winning attitude.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-paced
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture – high levels of
cooperation and communication.
- Energy, drive and resilience.
- Friendly, approachable and helpful.
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy.
- Ability to self-manage to a degree and work on own initiative.
- Equally capable of collaborating with others.
- Travel/work in other company offices (NY, LA, Hong Kong & Shanghai)
- Industry experience is a big plus
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating ‘Build & Release Software Engineer' in the subject.