Database Administrator Intern
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast-growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
why you're here
disguise is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated Database Intern for 2020. The intern will support the BI & IT team with database management, from data cleaning to building custom solutions to our most pressing business challenges. disguise works with an integrated environment of technologies including Postgres, Salesforce, NetSuite and Jira, in addition disguise utilises Tableau, MS Power BI and Einstein Analytics to distribute and present data to the business community. This is a paid full-time (40 hours per week) internship from January – December 2020.
what you are here to do
- Help us build out our database – create custom database architecture to support the evolving business needs of our growing organisation
- Assist us with creating forms for global data collection using Boomi Flow
- Assist us in creating data sets for use by global business, marketing, sales and technical teams
- Assist us in integrating our technical infrastructure using Boomi Integration
- Grow our IT backbone – develop and help to manage IT content
- Manage our internal ticketing system – keep our team on track as we receive and address requests from our colleagues across the globe
- Be an admin all-star – act as a proactive coordinator and communicator for all database needs
- Assist with research and requirements gathering for tech solutions to needs across all departments
- Work with a team of data geeks passionate about making the world a better place
- Support the IT and BI team in other related tasks as needed
what you need to know
Our Database Intern are expected to have the following skills and knowledge.
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Mature, Collaborative, Responsible
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or equivalent relational database
- Passionate about technology
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to shift gears quickly and easily
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Undergraduate or graduate student (or recent graduate)
- A love for SQL and a comprehensive SQL skillset
- Strong communication and consistent adherence deadlines
- Attention to detail with emphasis on logging processes and capturing data.
- Interest data and machine learning
- Experience in Salesforce, Jira and/or NetSuite
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating ‘Data Internship - London' in the subject.