HR/People & Payroll Assistant - London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies
See our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
why you're here
This role will provide an important conduit between the People and Finance teams as disguise seeks to modernise its business support functions and processes. The connection between these departments is pivotal for accurate business planning and reporting, including recruitment, headcount, KPIs, pension, benefits and payroll activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The post holder will coordinate People/HR administration, working closely with the People Advisor, to maintain accurate employee (‘disguiser’) records and manage communications with disguisers across our offices in London, New York, LA, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
what you are here to do
Work with the People Advisor to apply a robust recruitment process including:
- Liaising with managers to create and agree on job descriptions for roles & coordinating the authorisation process between the People, Finance and Exec teams.
- Collating and recording applications, providing to recruiting manager for shortlisting and partnering with hiring managers to plan out and project manage their recruitment needs.
- Drafting and sending correspondence to candidates using standard templates.
- Undertaking recruitment and pre-employment checks i.e. references, etc.
- Process starter and leaver administration liaising with colleagues as appropriate and partnering with hiring managers to ensure thorough and comprehensive induction and onboarding takes place for every new disguiser who joins the business.
As well as:
- Assist in preparing contracts and offer letters for new employees
- Monitor probation process of new starters and remind managers of timescales.
- Processing “during employment” processes such as visa applications, positive attendance administration, maternity/paternity/adoption and other forms of leave, changes to terms and conditions, bonus letters etc.
- Keep well maintained and up to date HR/personnel files and other employee records on Staff Squared, including providing reports as required.
- Creating correspondence for all forms of variation; from a change in hours to a promotion; updating the system and advising the key stakeholders.
- Produce regular management reports using systems and hard copy information to support management and engagement activities such as attendance, employee turnover, starters and leavers.
- Ensure that ongoing compliance checks are undertaken and that the required monitoring of documentation is carried out .e.g record of passports for business travel etc.
- Continually review processes and procedures in place in order to ensure most efficiency. Undertake all duties required for the day to day efficient running of the offices and undertake other administrative duties to support senior management from time to time.
- Partner with Function Heads as appropriate to answer queries from employees.
- Work with People Advisor to compose accurate data required for payroll processing, providing this to the Finance Manager on time for monthly processing and be able to answer any queries as needed.
- Support the Finance Manager with the coordination of the monthly payroll, benefits and pension changes and administration etc.
- Act as point of liaison between the People and Finance Teams at disguise and the external Payroll agency.
- Partner with Finance, People and IT Teams to ensure that starters and leavers checklists are followed including the allocation and return of company credit cards, assets such as phones and laptops etc.
- Ensure that all activity is in line with finance policies and that relevant procedures are followed.
what you need to know
- Proficient in using Microsoft Powerpoint, Word & Excel packages.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Numerate, with the ability to understand and work with a basic budget and cost/spend figures etc.
- Able to work with sensitive and confidential information; Honest, discreet, trustworthy.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative. Being responsive and flexible is a must in this role.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-paced environment.
- Lead by example, foster a kind, helpful, team-winning attitude.
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture.
- Proficient in using Google Docs packages.
- Experience of HR/People admin and/or Finance admin would be a plus.
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating ‘HR/People & Payroll Assistant - London' in the subject.