Office Assistant - London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies
See our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
why you are here
The Office Assistant plays a crucial role in helping to keep the Executive Office on track and organised in leading our dynamic and fast-paced business. For that, you will have to be dynamic and organised with a flexible and adaptable approach to your work. It is essential that you have the required experience from working in a similar position. You will thrive when working in collaboration with others towards one common goal, whilst also having excellent IT skills, being adept at utilising both MS Office and Google Docs packages. Professional and detailed in all your interactions, you will be responsible for internal and external communication assisting with the coordination of group events involving both internal and external professionals who form the disguise community.
what you are here to do
- Opening of the office at 08.30am and preparing the office for the day along with the training area.
- First point of contact with regards to visitors, phone calls and emails, ensuring that all enquiries are passed onto the relevant members of staff.
- Welcoming all visitors for disguise on arrival, providing them with refreshments and ensuring the host is informed promptly.
- Facilities management; communication with landlord, cleaners, waste management, heating and plumbers etc.
- Receiving and sorting of post and deliveries including the preparation of letters and parcels.
- Provide support to the C Team members (Chief Sales Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Chief People Officer, Chief Technical Officer and Head Of Operations): complex diary management across multiple time zones, assisting with global travel arrangements, acting as a liaison with other senior directors, submitting expense claims, general administrative tasks such as producing presentations, spreadsheets, emails etc .
- Manage logistical arrangements for regular internal meetings held around the world: assisting with travel and accommodation, scheduling meetings, liaising with attendees and occasionally travelling with the team to provide on-the ground support to ensure events run smoothly.
- Working closely with other Operations team members, responsible for coordinating suppliers and stakeholders on projects, establishing workflow and process.
- Deal with suppliers for general office needs, including basic procurement, invoice management etc.
- Undertake specific projects as required with regards to support of operations in the business as a whole.
- Responsible for Health & Safety management in the office
- Supporting the People team in arranging interviews for potential candidates for assigned Executives and in the induction of new starters, issuing access keys etc.
- Assisting with the on-boarding process for new starters and booking in introductory meetings and producing a schedule for their first week at disguise.
- Screening enquiries and requests and handling or sign-posting them to others when appropriate.
- Assist with the management of visitors and guests to the office.
- Management of stock with regards to the kitchen areas and bathrooms
- Ordering of stationery and other products, whilst maintaining the central store cupboards for stock.
- Ad hoc duties and supporting the Executive Assistant as and when required
what you need to know
- Extensive experience of providing a high standard of operational and administrative support with great attention to detail.
- Experience of complex diary management
- Experience of facilities management and general maintenance of an office space.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills - both verbal and written and an ability to meet people at their level of experience and understanding.
- Project and events management experience would be ideal.
- Professional and approachable conduct, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Powerpoint, Word & Excel packages.
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Being responsive and flexible is a must in this role.
- Good listener, ability to help the team shine and excel in their roles.
- Lead by example, foster a kind, helpful, team-winning attitude.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-paced environment.
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture – high levels of cooperation and communication.
- Energy, drive and resilience.
- Proficient in using Google Docs packages/ Microsoft Office.
- Experience of Office administration within a growing business which operates globally.
We like to celebrate and have fun at disguise:
Gigs policy we give everyone a £400 pa allowance to spend on any show/concert of choice
Annual Summer and Christmas parties which are always great fun!
Socials we like to celebrate, whether it’s going out, a birthday or just a Friday
Fruit, half decent coffee, Pizza days and ice cream in the summer
Our culture we have a great community culture here at disguise and make everyone feel welcomed!
Other benefits include a Health Cash-back plan, office massages and manicures and lots more!
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating ‘Office Assistant - London' in the subject.