Reports to: Chief Product Officer
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies. See our new showreel that demonstrates some of the incredible work from disguise here.
why you're here
Product Managers play an important role as disguise product range strategists and evangelists and being such will be central to your success and the success of disguise products. Responsible for the technical vision and development of our products, you’ll be collaborating with the Community, Sales, Marketing, Training and Support teams, as well as providing the overall vision for the product roadmap.
You will work with the senior leadership team including the CEO, CTO and CMO, in addition to reporting to the Chief Product Officer and getting involved in key decision making every step of the way. You will also work closely with the R&D and Marketing teams to create a product vision which defines and drives the product strategy. This vision will steer and inspire the company, while sustaining it through the ups and downs of growth.
You will drive a strong product culture centered around the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning; understanding that we need to make mistakes in order to learn, but that we need to make them quickly and mitigate the risks. You will also drive the need for continuous innovation, appreciating that great products are the result of true collaboration.
Drive the product management process for disguise, including:
- Market & Customer Requirements
- User personas
- Business cases
- Market Sizing
- Product Definitions
- Revenue Estimation
- Win/Loss Analysis
- Ownership of community feedback process (collating, reporting and acting on user feedback).
- Setting growth targets and managing revenue and margin forecasting.
- Implementing product level tracking and reporting to ensure that product performance is monitored and communicated.
- Product specification and generation of epics/user stories for refinement by Product Owners, Architects and the development teams.
- Maintain competitive analysis reports by market vertical.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with management and other stakeholders including the disguise community.
- Act as the internal customer for delivery of new products or product enhancements, ensuring products are delivered to market on time and to specification.
- Work with Marketing to produce communication plans for target market verticals, including USPs and roadmaps.
- Work with Sales to produce sales “playbooks” and “guide books”, and support them directly in key strategic opportunities.
- Become a key evangelist of disguise and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts.
- Drive to continuously improve our products and processes.
what you need to know
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch to end-of-life across products.
- Product planning and assignment of tasks and deliverables.
- How to lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Defining pricing and competitive positioning for products.
- Developing financial forecasts and metrics.
- Monitoring product development sprints and evaluating results.
- Balancing the needs of customers, community and stakeholders.
- Driving innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Experience in Product Management (3+ years preferred).
- Fluent in English, with strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills including financial modeling and pricing strategies.
- Be able to say “no,” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand.
- Be adept at evidence-based decision making.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Powerpoint, Word & Excel (or Google Docs) and a range of digital apps for fast, collaborative communication and task management.
- Experience working in the media sector.
- University degree (or equivalent) in engineering, business or a related field.
- Product management certification: Agile, Pragmatic Marketing framework.
- Project management certification: PMC / Prince2.
- Experience with cloud and SaaS-based products or projects and adopting new technologies to deliver
- media products or services.
- Professional and organised.
- Collaborative, a natural team player.
- Self-motivated, brave and ambitious for the company.
- Respectful of diversity.
- ‘All in,’ committed and passionate about the company
We like to celebrate and have fun at disguise:
- Gigs policy, we give everyone a £400 pa allowance to spend on any show/concert of choice
- Annual Summer and Christmas parties which are always great fun!
- Socials we like to celebrate, whether it’s going out, a birthday or just a Friday
- Fruit, half decent coffee, Pizza days and ice cream in the summer
- Our culture we have a great community culture here at disguise and make everyone feel welcomed!
- Other benefits include a Health Cash-back plan, office massages and manicures and lots more
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating 'Product Manager' in the subject.