People Business Partner - London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies
See our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
why you are here
As People Business Partner you will play a central part in our mission to make disguise the most fantastic place to work in the world. Consulting with line management and providing daily HR guidance, you will play a true business partnering role, that is integral to disguise achieving its aims for innovation and profitable growth. Analysing trends and metrics within the People agenda, you will help to support and manage an extremely effective HR and development function that reaches across the globe to our offices in New York, LA, Shanghai and Hong Kong, based out of our HQ in London. Resolving complex employee relations issues and tailoring your approach to fit local cultures and geographies, your role as People Business Partner will help to grow the business globally as we scale.
what you are here to do
- Consult with Execs, Heads of Function and line management and provide daily HR guidance on people management issues..
- Inform organisational development planning by fostering a close knowledge of the business and its strategic aims.
- Analyse trends and metrics within the People agenda of the business, tracking and reporting against KPIs for Board reporting.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues, including performance improvement, and address grievances, as appropriate.
- Work closely with management and employees to promote effective working relationships, build morale, increase productivity and provide a fantastic employee experience for all our disguisers.
- Take charge of reward and recognition efforts, listening to the views of disguisers and keeping up to date with market trends to ensure disguise’s employee offering remains competitive and inspiring.
- Provide HR policy guidance and management toolkits across geographies.
- Work with the People CoOrdinator to promote self-service resolution to basic queries and FAQs of the People Team, ensuring that data is readily available and up to date.
- Make optimal use of our HRIS and other systems for record keeping and data processing across the employee life cycle.
- Work with the People CoOrdinator to oversee accurate information is provided for payrolls across the various geographies in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Monitor and report on performance management, talent and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals
- Work with the People team to facilitate training sessions to develop management and leadership skills internally.
- Suggest new HR strategies, working with an ethos of continuous improvement, to ensure disguise always remains a great place to work.
what you need to know
- Proven experience as an HR business partner, with at least 5 years experience in the profession; knowledge and experience of business partnering in the Tech/digital industries and or providing HR support across a range of geographies would be advantageous.
- Excellent people management skills, with high emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and goal oriented, with a continuous improvement ethic.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics and KPI reporting.
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of employment legislation; knowledge across geographies would again be advantageous.
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices.
- BSc degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
We like to celebrate and have fun at disguise:
Gigs policy we give everyone a £400 pa allowance to spend on any show/concert of choice
Annual Summer and Christmas parties which are always great fun!
Socials we like to celebrate, whether it’s going out, a birthday or just a Friday
Fruit, half decent coffee, Pizza days and ice cream in the summer
Our culture we have a great community culture here at disguise and make everyone feel welcomed!
Other benefits include a Health Cash-back plan, office massages and manicures and lots more!
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating ‘Project Manager - London' in the subject.