Reports to: Head of QA & Automation
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
why you're here
Our users depend on disguise's continued innovation, but most importantly they depend on disguise's reliability. Making sure disguise is rock-solid is the most important thing we do - and everyone in the company is involved with it.
To maintain and enhance this reputation, disguise seeks to employ a QA Engineer to ensure the quality of its hardware and software products through a structured programme of testing and quality assurance procedures. This is a full-time position based in Southwark, London.
You’ll contribute to the creation and ongoing development of our custom manual and automated test frameworks and use a range of tools and systems to monitor, validate and report on the quality of the build, and of new features currently in development.
- Help create and maintain our custom automated test framework and associated tools. Write new automated test scripts based upon existing manual test scenarios.
- Monitor and act upon issues in the Continuous Integration environment, including the results and outputs from scheduled automated tests, to maintain build quality.
- Review functional and technical documentation to prepare test plans, test specifications, and test cases.
- Execute manual testing tasks on specific prototypes, software components, features and systems.
- Evaluate manual and automated test results, and verify defects as they are addressed by the developers.
- Communicate build status and provide risk assessment, root cause analysis, and defect prioritisation guidance.
- Play an active role in the development process by attending project reviews and participating in scrums.
As part of the Quality Assurance team, you'll be responsible for making sure that our hardware and software releases are stable, perform well, and work for users in live events, on-site - not just in the lab. As part of this, you'll gain an in-depth knowledge of the current product range and future product development in addition to how they interact with other equipment in order to find, understand and verify any issues before they impact our users.
what you need to know
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required
- Educated to BSc Degree level or equivalent in an applicable technical field such as Computer Science or Software Development.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks.
- Good knowledge of Issue/Test Management systems such as JIRA, TestRail etc.
- Experience of working with MS Visual Studio, and good understanding of Source Control and Continuous Integration/Delivery tools.
- Some experience of working on simple programming projects in C# or C++ (academic or professional)
- Familiarity with Python, PowerShell, and/or similar scripting languages.
- Good knowledge of PC hardware and Windows.
- Basic understanding of high-level networking concepts
- Games industry experience highly beneficial, ideally working alongside developers in an Agile environment.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-moving environment.
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture – high levels of cooperation and communication.
- Inquisitive; enjoys creative problem solving and analysis.
- Proactive and able to work independently using own initiative when needed.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating 'QA Engineer' in the subject.