QA Test Engineer
Reports to: QA Manager
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
why you're here
Our users depend on disguise's continued innovation, but most importantly they depend on disguise's reliability. Making sure disguise is rock-solid is the most important thing we do - and everyone in the company is involved with it.
To maintain and enhance this reputation, disguise seeks to employ a QA Engineer to ensure the quality of its hardware and software products through a structured programme of testing and quality assurance to help drive product quality. This is a full-time position based in Borough, London.
Our product range and the way our users use them are becoming increasingly more complex. Our QA team needs to be able to cope with this by seeking more effective and smarter mechanisms of finding the issues and the ideal candidate will have the required inquisitiveness to contribute to this
what you are here to do
- Review functional and technical documentation
- Prepare test plans, test specifications, test cases & scripts
- Derive and prepare test data
- Gather and configure hardware and software as required
- Carry out structured testing and ad hoc investigations
- Improve existing test coverage
- Prepare and present summary reports
- Maintain records of testing
- Report bugs accurately and correctly using our internal bug database
- Track and monitor bugs to closure
- Liaise with the Development team to resolve issues
- Work with the wider team to ensure robustness and correctness of disguise hardware and software
- Carry out ad-hoc investigations related to e.g. measuring system performance, capture latency
As part of the Quality Assurance team, you'll be responsible for making sure that our hardware and software releases are stable, perform well, and work for users in live events, on-site - not just in the lab. As part of this, you'll gain an in-depth knowledge of the current product range and future product development in addition to how they interact with other equipment in order to find, understand and verify any issues before they hit our users
In addition to testing both our hardware and software range for updates, patches and fixes, you will be testing our products as they are developed. This may be, for example, innovations in our software or benchmarking a new SSD in prototype hardware
what you need to know
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required
- Knowledge of bug databases, such as JIRA
- PC hardware literate
- Experience with Windows
- Experience with video or graphics editing tools or similar ideal
- Programming or scripting experience ideal
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, new challenges and emerging technologies
- Good listener, ability to help the team shine and excel in their roles.
- Lead by example, foster a kind, helpful, team-winning attitude.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-paced environment.
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture – high levels of cooperation and communication.
- Energy, drive and resilience.
- Passionate about creating a customer service-based mentality, both internally and externally.
- Professional, enthusiastic and fun.
- Friendly, approachable and helpful.
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
Travel/work in other company offices (NY, LA, Hong Kong & Shanghai)
Industry experience a plus
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating 'QA Test Engineer' in the subject.