QA Testing and Support Engineer
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
why you're here
disguise products are used in live events around the world and as a part of the support team the primary role would be to help and assist ensuring that the user has a positive experience with both the hardware and software.
The role would to be to work alongside both the QA and Support teams, this would help to gain an in-depth knowledge of the whole disguise product range. Part of the role would be to interact with the disguise community offering positive communication in problem solving, customer workflows and help build lasting relationships with our community.
In addition the role would consist of testing both hardware and software for updates, patches and fixes, you will be testing the products as they are developed. This may be, for example, innovations in our software or benchmarking prototype hardware.
what you are here to do
- Follow the established support structure and work with the other Support Specialists and the Head of Support & Training to provide global support.
- Managing client data via Slack & Service Cloud.
- Diagnose user reports, reproduce and investigate issues reported in the field.
- Help to engage the disguise Community in the UK, support disguise events.
- Provide on-site disguise support for shows and events when required.
- Derive and prepare test data.
- Carry out structured testing and ad hoc investigations.
- Report bugs accurately and correctly using our internal bug database.
- Liaise with the Development team to resolve issues.
- Work with the wider team to ensure robustness and correctness of disguise hardware and software.
what you need to know
- Experience with delivering shows and events.
- Technical knowledge in a range of video or lighting equipment.
- A current driver's license and passport.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and creative problem solving skills.
- High energy, passionate about delivering knowledge via training or support.
- Knowledge of disguise or experience of other media servers
- Entertainment or music industry background
- Ability to work autonomously
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating ‘QA Testing and Support Engineer' in the subject.