Software Engineer in Test
Reports to: Product Development Manager
Based in: Borough, London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
what you are here to do
- Update test cases based on the discovered defects
- Update test automation based on the updated test cases
- Provide inputs to the team in order to improve the test process
- Report work progress and any problems faced to the QA Manager and/or Developer Team lead
- Support the QA and software development team with testing tasks as required
- Keep up-to-date on the overview of the development technology, popular testing tools (e.g. automated testing tools and test management systems) and advise stakeholders on these technologies
- Be involved in the initial software specification process and advise on possible issues
- Become familiar with the software under test and any other software related to it
- Understand the master test plan and/ or the project plan
- Create and document test plans
- Generate test cases based on the requirements and other documents
- Procure or create test data required for testing
- Set up the required test beds (hardware, software and network)
- Assist in test automation, CI test integration
- Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/or automated)
- Report and log defects (Jira)
- Create test logs
- Report test results to the stakeholders
- Re-test resolved defects
- Track and monitor bugs to closure
what you need to know
- Excellent test and software development skills
- Strong knowledge of typical test and error tracking tools
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with trends in software development and testing
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating ‘Software Engineer in Test’ in the subject.