Support & Logistics Specialist - Americas
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies
See our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
why you are here
This is a critical role to ensure disguise’s continued growth through ensuring that clients receive industry leading support, training and sales delivery that is prioritized and delivered effectively. As our user base and product offering expands, the demand on support and training increases. This role is essential in making processes more efficient and ensuring the team is sufficiently supported.
what you are here to do
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Work closely with Global Head of Training and Senior Training and Support Specialist, Americas to:
- Help to forecast and construct the training schedule
- Ensure courses are promoted and pushed when low on numbers
- Ensure all courses have a trainer and facilities
- Support distribution of consistent, fresh training materials for all courses
- Manage the Eventbrite booking system; dealing with issues and refunds.
- Support the Americas support team to deliver consistent and effective customer support.
- Review and evolve how the team and workflows are structured.
- Create and embed clear processes across the team. Automate wherever possible with London.
- Develop and maintain great relationships with key customers.
- Work closely with Global Head of Support and Product and Support Director, Americas to:
- Escalating critical cases, processes and issues
- Communicate the challenges facing your region
- Regular updates and meetings.
- Evaluate CRM workflows and perfect.
- Review SLAs with the Americas support team and with customers so that expectations are clear and we deliver the highest level of support possible.
- Manage all RMAs for the region as the key customer facing contact. Ensure they are on track and that the customer is informed at every stage.
- Review RMA processes and perfect.
- Focus on data, using CRM tools to analyze, report on, and build plans based on customers’ needs as well as commercial opportunities.
- Work alongside the Sales Teams to help after-sales support.
- Create and maintain best working practices for the support and training team.
- Work with Global Training manager to improve training and reduce support queries.
- Work with sales partners to ensure good communication + partnerships across the region.
- Support development and delivery on premium support packages, meeting SLAs.
- Address the needs to execute the production plan and any changes as needed to succeed according to the sales fulfilment effort.
- Provide needed input / approval for US manufacturing staff to utilize alternative production materials, in case of shortages or quality issues.
- Validate and approve product deliveries to stock and review invoices for disguise AP approval.
- Randomly audit OSS production process and finished goods according to agreed specifications.
- Assist with material management at the US Manufacturer to manage inventories on SF / NS, guaranteeing lean stock and production readiness as per the forecast.
- Monitor the implementation of product quality improvement.
- Review quality issues, develop solutions, and drive implementation of those solutions.
- Verify quality defects onsite for products that are being returned to base and assess root cause.
- Assess, track, and initiate reimbursement for return costs of products that are the responsibility of the US manufacturer.
Process & Improvements
- Be the lead customer facing contact in conducting product returns and upgrades to the US Manufacturer or Service Centres.
- Assist in investigating complex RMA returns onsite to determine root cause and further repair direction.
- Support the Operations leader in evolving existing or developing new processes as:
- Evolve RMA process to improve ease of use and turnaround time
- Evolve quality reporting in defining and reporting a new set of KPI(s)
- Develop maintain a US manufacturing charge back system for the manufacturing caused returns
- Develop and maintain product report and tracking for Support, Demo and Sales stock
- Develop and maintain an ageing product report for new and B-Stock products
- Identify areas for cost reductions and work locally with the US Manufacturing team to drive implementation of actions
- Identify potential cost increases and develop plans for cost avoidance, as EOL, Tariffs, etc.
what you need to know
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required
- Strong understanding and experience with disguise software and hardware
- Highly organized and results-driven.
- Strategic thinker and planner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Able to demonstrate customer centric thinking.
- Capable of prioritising short-term requirements versus long-term needs.
- A ‘hands on’ approach with an ability to work as part of a team, supporting and encouraging colleagues and team members across all areas.
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally (with strong relationships across development teams and sales).
- A genuine interest in people: caring, supportive and lead by example.
- Ability to motivate team and maintain good moral.
- Happy to be hands-on and delve deep into functional tasks when needed.
- Lead by example, foster a kind, helpful, team-winning attitude.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-paced environment.
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture – high levels of cooperation and communication.
- Energy, drive and resilience.
- Passionate about creating a customer service-based mentality, both internally and externally.
- Professional, enthusiastic and fun.
- Friendly, approachable and helpful.
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Travel/work abroad.
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating ‘Support & Logistics Specialist - Americas' in the subject.