Technical Solutions Specialist – APAC
Reports to: Technical Solutions Manager APAC
Based in: Hong Kong office
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
We are a fast-growing company that sells their products and services to high-end and complex events, shows and installations. Our product range is an integrated visual video production suite that has been used on productions such as the Grammys, Taylor Swift 2018 Tour, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, Justin Timberlake Tour, The Rolling Stones, ITV World Cup Studio and many others.
why you're here
The Technical Solutions Specialist is a member of the APAC Sales team and is responsible for the development, presentation and drive of disguise technical solutions to support the sales team in reaching its goals. Using a combination of disguise and non-disguise offerings, services, assets, hardware and software products, the Technical Solutions Specialist (TSS) assists with communicating the value and the solution for opportunities which meet customer requirements and assist in solving their business problems.
This is a client facing role. Technical Solution Specialists are expected to spend 50% of their time in face to face discussions with disguise clients. They will work alongside and sell through Sales partners, Studio, Rental and Solution partners, providing clients with an exceptional understanding of the disguise workflow and capabilities. The TSS is a function of the sales team, and whilst APAC wide and not limited to one market or geography, is deployed by sales team members into technical situations.
what you are here to do
- Articulating the business and technical value of our solutions and products to senior managers and technical decision makers (within disguise, new business targets and our partner channels).
- Partner the Sales Team on maximising sales through joint visits, demonstrations, key meetings and technical support on quotations, schematics and proposals.
- Positioning our technical solutions in competitive scenarios.
- Remove technical barriers and assist to motivate sales teams by conveying key USPs.
- Responsible for understanding market specific requirements and adapting global best practices.
- Create and use intellectual capital to solve diverse client issues in an innovative way.
- Propose the disguise product to solve concrete business challenges faced by our customers, supported by demo projects, presentation material and internal and external solution documentation. Identify how to demo product capabilities to prospects.
- Assist with the creation of USP documentation for the sales team on new features and products for sale.
- Participate in the design & build of APAC Trade Show, Roadshows and Open House events
- Produce system schematics, 3rd party solutions documentation and project proposals for larger project submissions.
- Submit feature requests based on customer feedback and industry insight
what you need to know
- Organised, diligent and reliable worker
- Technical knowledge and experience that holds credible with disguise customers
- Able to give compelling product demonstrations to clients
- Accomplished use of disguise software
- Ability to manage hardware setup and troubleshoot issues
- Experience of designing video workflows for shows and events
- Ability to educate new users on the key features and aspects of the product
- Able to build strategic partnerships with customers or other technology providers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Increase brand awareness and market reach in key verticals. Theatre, Concert touring, Live Events and Broadcast
- Develop relationships with designers, producers, and stagers, as well as other influencers to close sales and create a disguise “tribe”
- Unlock new users of disguise products and workflow
- Maintain a “customer champion” outlook
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Self-motivated and have the ability to network across departments
- Personable and a team player, who is able to work under own initiative
- Comfortable in both a technical dialogue and commercial setting
- Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- Exceptional time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Able to work at the C-level or Owner level with customers
- 3-4 years minimum previous experience in a Technical Solutions or Technical Sales capacity
- Demonstrated ability to collect user feedback, analysis and strategies for customer pain points. Be task lead and manage things to completion to deadlines
- Ability to collate and share data across departments and team
- Enthusiasm for working in an international, collaborative and fast-paced environment and learning new technologies.
- Be able to travel regularly for periods of time as the business needs across APAC region
- Being able to inspire sales teams with new features and USPs to update sales teams’ knowledge.
- Motivated to extend the value of a project by up selling where possible in a disguise solution, in partnership with the wider Sales team
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating ‘Technical Solutions Specialist – APAC' in the subject.