Software Engineer - London
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast-growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
why you're here
disguise are looking for software engineers who consider themselves to be generalist programmers, comfortable in many different areas of development. The successful applicant will enjoy working at the cutting edge of their industry, providing software for demanding end users.
You will have a major say in how the code is written, structured and implemented and will be involved in all stages of development from design, through implementation to delivery and support. You will also be required to improve, support and maintain existing areas of the product.
Development is conducted in a small, highly focused team, light on process and requiring a hands-on approach.
Because of the nature of our product, opportunities for international travel are also available.
What you are here to do
- Produce robust and maintainable code.
- Design, implement and maintain new core systems.
- Maintain and upgrade existing systems.
- Provide support to end users.
- Contribute to the development of an automated testing systems to ensure integrity of code over time.
What you need to know
- An interest and understanding in what disguise does as a company.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Clear & concise communications skills.
- Methodical work ethic, with strong attention to detail.
- At least one commercially released software product or equivalent.
- Experience of key technologies: Visual Studio, C++, Python, Windows, DirectX.
- Ability to work on all areas of the codebase.
- Background in high performance real-time systems.
- Whilst this is a generalist role, skills in any of the following areas would be a benefit:
- System architecture
- Automated testing and test driven development
- Gaming industry experience.
- Media Server experience.
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating ‘Software Engineer - London' in the subject.