Operations Manager - USA
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast-growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the The Sunday Times Tech Track 2018, listing Britain’s fastest growing tech companies.
why you're here
This role is based in LA. This is a critical role to ensure disguise’s continued growth through and management of the Manufacturing, Logistics, reverse Logistics, Supply Chain, Repairs and Quality in the US.
What you are here to do
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Address the needs to execute the production plan and any changes as needed to succeed according to the sales fulfilment effort.
- Make daily decisions in providing needed input / approval for US manufacturing staff to utilise alternative production materials, in case of shortages or quality issues.
- Validate and approve product deliveries to stock and review invoices for disguise AP approval.
- Randomly audit production process and finished goods according to agreed specifications.
- Assist with material management at the US Manufacturer to manage inventories on Salesforce and NetSuite, guaranteeing lean stock and production readiness as per the forecast
- Monitor the implementation of product quality improvement.
- Review quality issues, develop solutions, and drive implementation of those solutions.
- Verify quality defects onsite for products that are being returned to base and assess root cause.
- Assess, track, and initiate reimbursement for return costs of products that are responsibility of the US manufacturer.
- Assist in conducting product returns to the US Manufacturer or Service Centers.
- Assist in investigating complex RMA returns onsite to determine root cause and further repair direction.
- Support the Operations leader in evolving existing or developing new processes as:
- Evolve RMA process to improve ease of use and turnaround time.
- Evolve quality reporting in defining and reporting a new set of KPI(s).
- Develop maintain a US manufacturing charge back system for the manufacturing caused returns.
- Develop and maintain an aging product report for new and B-Stock products.
Cost Reduction Program
- Identify areas for cost reductions and work locally with the US Manufacturing team to drive implementation of actions.
- Identify potential cost increases and develop plans for cost avoidance, as EOL, Tariffs, etc.
New Product Introduction
- Work with the US manufacturing team to make sure that project milestones are being met according to project schedule.
- Verify that deliverables of project contract are being met.
- Review hardware prototypes of subassemblies or of complete systems for approval.
- Monitor hardware tests and review results to assist in developing solutions to any occurring test failures.
Service Centers and Second Source Manufacturing
- Further develop existing and new service centers in the US to deliver the same services that are rendered by the US Manufacturer.
- Support the Operations leader in transferring the knowledge to a second source manufacturing.
what you need to know
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required
- At least 5 years experience as a Production/Supply Chain/Operations manager within a hi-tech production environment or electro mechanical components
- Background in Electronics Manufacture (CEM - OEM)
- Experience on high variety manufacture. - Must have managed a multi disciplined team
- Experience of continuous improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, SMED, Kanban
- Ideally medium / high volume manufacture with high cost of goods
- Experience on DFX and Cost Reduction activities
- Excellent computer skills
- Repair centre experience is a plus
- Good listener, ability to help the team shine and excel in their roles.
- Lead by example, foster a kind, helpful, team-winning attitude.
- Positive about change; flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-paced environment.
- Strong team worker who will contribute to our ‘one team’ culture – high levels of cooperation and communication.
- Energy, drive and resilience.
- Passionate about creating a customer service-based mentality, both internally and externally.
- Professional, enthusiastic and fun.
- Friendly, approachable and helpful.
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
Travel/work in other company offices (UK, NY, Hong Kong & Shanghai)
Industry experience a plus
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating ‘Operations Manager - USA' in the subject.