Senior QA Test Engineer
Reports to: QA Manager
why we're here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive events and installations in live events, concert touring, theatre, fixed installs, broadcast and most recently film.
The disguise product range is now being used in a variety of exciting and innovative ways. 2017 saw our products being used on the 59th Grammys, the Brit Awards, touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, product launches for the likes for Nike and Apple, and many more.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
why you're here
disguise’s products are used in live events and our users expect them to perform and be robust. Ensuring that they are fit for purpose in a live environment - and not just in the lab - is the prime role of the QA team: to drive product quality and iron out any issues before they hit our users.
The senior role within the QA team will be expected to make a major contribution to enhancing and improving our reputation for quality; to gain an in-depth knowledge of our whole product range and how they interact with other equipment; to familiarise themselves with industry terminology and to make an immediate and positive contribution.
In addition to testing both our hardware and software range for updates, patches and fixes, you will be testing our products as they are developed. This may be, for example, innovations in our software or benchmarking a new SSD in prototype hardware.
Our product range and the way our users use them are becoming increasingly more complex. Our QA team needs to be able to cope with this by seeking more effective and smarter mechanisms of finding the issues. The senior role will champion this approach, including the wider use of automation.
what you are here to do
- Review functional and technical documentation
- Prepare test plans, test specifications, test cases & scripts
- Derive and prepare test data
- Gather and configure hardware and software as required
- Carry out structured testing and ad hoc investigations
- Improve existing test coverage
- Prepare and present summary reports
- Maintain records of testing
- Report bugs accurately and correctly using our internal bug database
- Track and monitor bugs to closure
- Liaise with the Development team to resolve issues
- Work with the wider team to ensure robustness and correctness of disguise hardware and software
what you need to know
The Senior QA Test Engineer is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- ISEB or ISTQB qualified
- Practical experience of a variety of test methodologies and techniques
- PC hardware literate
- Programming or scripting experience
- Knowledge of bug tracking systems, such as Jira
- Experience with video or graphics editing tools e.g. After Effects
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and creative problem solving skills
- Methodical with good attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, new challenges and emerging technologies
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating 'Senior QA Test Engineer' in the subject.